Health insurance gives you assurance that you won’t be paying too much on medical expenses from your pocket, but in order to make full use of its facilities; you must first be able to choose the right insurance plan for yourself.
What Health Insurance Actually Means
Health insurance is defined as the contract between an insurance provider i.e. an insurance company or the government and the individual seeking health care insurance. The Amount and type of healthcare costs covered by the health insurance provider are specified on paper in an “Evidence of Coverage” booklet for private insurance, while public health is inscribed in a national health policy. The Health policy is a means of achieving healthcare goals within a society.
Choosing the Right Health Insurance
Whether you end up choosing ObamaCare, Medicare or any other insurance policy; it is important that you choose the right one. The following tips can help you in selecting the ideal policy:
o Deciding whether to continue with the current doctor
Before choosing a health insurance plan, it is important for an individual to ask themselves if they are satisfied with their current doctor and/or clinic services and whether it is important to continue with them. If the answer is in the affirmative, it becomes imperative to opt for an insurance plan that includes them.
o Considering the total annual healthcare cost
Before choosing a healthcare plan; it is important for you to know your family’s annual healthcare costs. In order to determine the annual healthcare costs, you must ask yourself the following questions:
- How much can I afford to pay from my pocket
- Are the deductibles, copayments and coinsurance included in the health plans being compared
- The frequency of visits to the doctor by the individual or his/her family
- Are any ongoing treatments or long term medications required by the individual or his/her family
Once all the above questions have been answered, you will be able to calculate your family’s needs and expenses for the previous year, determine how much you will be able to pay from your pocket and how much will be covered by a particular healthcare plan i.e. ObamaCare, Medicare etc.
o Assessing the plan apart from premiums and deductibles
It is important that a chosen healthcare plan i.e. ObamaCare/Medicare meets your family’s physical and financial needs. Assess the plan beyond premiums, copayments, deductibles. Asking the following questions regarding the healthcare plan may be considered:
- Does it provide coverage on prescribed drugs and other services
- Are additional services covered by the policy
- Limits (if any) on the number of days that the plan will cover for
Making a list of healthcare services important to you and your family, and checking if a particular healthcare plan meets the requirements; are important parts of the process.
Quotes about Healthcare
A few famous and important quotes on healthcare are as follows:
- “When it comes to health, your zip code matters more than your genetic code”. Dr Tony Iton
In support of ObamaCare/Affordable Care act the following is said:
- “Tonight’s vote is not a victory for any one party — it’s a victory for them, it’s a victory for the American people. And it’s a victory for common sense; this is what change looks like.” – President Barack Obama (March 2010)
- “If you hear somebody saying, we can’t afford healthcare reform; if they use any of these words: ‘socialization’ or ‘government control of your healthcare decisions’ or if they mention ‘England,’ ‘France,’ or ‘Canada,’ you can be assured that they are not telling you the truth. They are trying to scare you away from a plan that can make a real difference, not just in American families, but in the American economy as a whole.” Elizabeth Edwards (July 2009)
Whether you decide to choose ObamaCare, Medicare or any other plan, it is important to follow all the steps mentioned above, in order to get the right health insurance for yourself and your family.
The Jordan Insurance Agency is the brainchild of Billy Jordan, who went through a great deal of frustrations when his mother was suffering from Stage 4 cancer. This Agency gradually grew with the passion of giving people access to the best possible health insurance coverage according to the budget. Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, Assurant Health, United Health One, and Coventry One are a few of the companies TJIA deals their contracts with. Feel free to call us today (704) 926-7565 or (800) 648-3870 and get your free quote from here!