You are still basically getting the same kind of service when you purchase from the health insurance marketplace than when you buy it the conventional way; the only difference is that it is much easier to find best insurance policy that best fits your needs and your budget. So if you are worried that you will not get the same quality of health care if you get your policy from the marketplace, then you better think again.
Here are some of the benefits that you can expect if you get your insurance from the marketplace:
- Ambulatory patient services – You can receive health care even if you are not admitted into a hospital.
- Emergency services – Like coverage for EMTs and ambulances, and emergency room services.
- Hospitalization – Discounts or complete coverage for hospital stays.
- Pre-natal and Post-natal care – Care for mothers and babies.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services – This includes behavioral treatment, psychiatric care and counseling.
- Discounts On Prescription Drugs – Sometimes the prescription medications are entirely covered by the plan and you do not have to pay a single cent.
- Physical Rehabilitative services – For people who are recovering from serious injuries, or learning to cope with physical disabilities.
- Laboratory Services – Blood and urine tests used for screening infectious diseases are covered (depending on the plan).
- Preventive Care And Disease Management – Health care for when you are already suffering from a chronic disease.
- Pediatric Services – Health care for children.
As you can see, the benefits that you can get if you purchase your insurance from the marketplace are still pretty much the same as when you avail of it from the health care providers themselves; the only difference is that the process became a whole lot simpler and accessible to all. Besides implementing the health insurance marketplace (which is set to happen in October of this year), there are many more positive changes that you can expect when the health care reform takes full effect.
By October of this year, you can enroll in the health insurance marketplace and start comparing and buying the insurance policy that is perfect for your needs, and you can expect it to become active as soon as January 2014 hits.